Topic: About Calcpad
How it works
The software is quick and easy to use. Just follow these simple steps:
- Enter text and formulas into the "Code" box on the left.
- Click to calculate. Results will appear in the "Output" box on the right as a professionally formatted Html report.
- Click to print or to copy the output.
You can also export it to Html , PDF or MS Word document.
The program can be used in two different modes:
- Calculator - the source code is available for editing in the left box. After calculations, the results are displayed into the right box. This mode is suitable for short ans simple problems without complex formatting.
- Input Form - the source code is not accessible. Instead, an Html input form is displayed. It contains input fields for all parameters, required for the calculations. The remaining content is locked for editing. This mode is more convenient for complex problems with rich formatting, that are frequently used. It makes clear which are the required input parameters and protects the source code from accidental damage.
In "Input Form" mode, you need to fill the input data and click the button. You can create such a from very easy, directly out of the source code. Just put the "?" symbol wherever you need to enter a value. Then save the problem as "*.cpd" file. You can find additional information about forms further in this manual.
Table of contents
Working with files